Celebrity service at an affordable price
Experienced professional movers
15+ years of experience
In home consultation
The Highest Standards. The Happiest Customers.
Get a quote now and get 15 free boxes!
Long Distance Moving Made Easy
INTRASTATE LONG-DISTANCE MOVE:
Are you moving more than 100 miles and within California?
Then you’ve come to the right place!
Intrastate move – If your move is more than 100 miles and within the same state. For example, Los Angeles to San Francisco or Pasadena to San Diego. Intrastate moves can be same day delivery, next day delivery, and up to 10 business days delivery depending on how far your moving to and which method is more suitable and affordable for your needs.
The cost of your long-distance move will depend on the total distance between pick up and destination and also the amount of items that needs to be moved.
Excalibur Movers offer a unique, but extremely competitive price, based on your situation and needs.
We include the following:
– Free in-home estimate
– Door to door service
– Loading, driving, and unloading
– Disassembly and reassembly
– Basic value protection ($.60 per lb. per article)
– Furniture pads and moving blankets
– Comprehensive inventory list
– One month of free storage. After the first month it will be $0.35/ per cubic feet per month. $100.00 minimum charge.
Additional charges will apply for:
– Packing services (packing & unpacking)
– Packing supplies (boxes, bubble wrap, shrink wrap, & tape)
***OUR CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE INCLUDES 1 MILLION PER OCCURRENCE & 2 MILLION PER AGGREGATE***
Excalibur Movers are here to help you manage your intrastate move, with as little or as much assistance as you require.
To find out which method is more suitable and affordable for your needs, call us now for a FREE ESTIMATE!!!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS?
What is an intrastate move?
– Moving more than 100 miles within the same state. Since we are in California, we only do California intrastate moves.
Is Excalibur Movers licensed?
– Yes, Excalibur Movers is fully licensed and insured.
What days are you open?
– We are open 7 days a week excluding major holidays.
How much will my move cost?
– It will depend on the total distance between pickup and delivery and the amount of items that needs to be moved. The best way to find out is to call one of our representatives to go over the details.
When do I pay the movers?
– Payment of 60% will be due at the pick up and the remaining balance will be due at the delivery.
What method of payments do you accept?
– We accept cash, cashiers’ check, and major credit cards (American Express, Visa & Mastercard). There is a 3% processing fee for credit card use.
Is gratuity included?
– There is no obligation to tip the movers, it is up to you if you want to tip them or not.
When will my shipment arrive?
– It all depends on which option you chose. We have two options available:
– Express delivery is usually same or next day delivery depending on how far you’re moving to. We usually deliver in the morning for next day deliveries, so make sure you are available first thing in the morning to accept your shipment.
– Regular delivery on the other hand could take up to 10 business days to be delivered. Don’t worry, we will call you the day before we deliver.
When will my delivery window start?
– The window will start on the first day that you are ready to accept the shipment.
Do you have storage?
– Yes, we offer short and long-term storage. The first month is on US! After the first month it will be $0.35/per cubic feet per month. $100.00 minimum charge.
How are my items stored?
– We will make a comprehensive inventory list of all the items that will be stored in wooden crate vaults.
Do you charge for stairs and/or elevators?
– We only charge if you have more than 2 flights of outside stairs at both pickup and delivery locations. An elevator counts as 1 flight, so you don’t have to worry about elevators.
Fair and Competitive Pricing
Your long distance move can be managed in a variety of ways, each providing different prices. To find out which method is more suitable and affordable for your needs, here’s a quick guide to long distance moving and pricing:
Quick Quote – Speak to one of representatives for a ‘quick quote’. This will be based on the number of miles to be travelled, as well as a description of the items you need moving. Before picking up the phone though, have a quick read about how your items can be transported to know what kind of ‘quick quote’ you need.
Weigh In – One of our vehicles will be weighed at a certified weight station before arriving at your home. Once your items have been packed onto the vehicle, our van will return to the depot, and will be reweighed. The difference between the two weights will be calculated, and then an accurate figure will be worked out based on the weight and the number of miles to be travelled. You would be more than welcome to attend the weigh-ins, to make sure you are being charged accurately.
Consolidated – Your items join a shipment of items from other clients of ours, and they are delivered while en route to other destinations. We have operators who work exclusively for us, allowing us to offer a fantastic service, at very competitive prices, making your long distance move more affordable and stress free! Your items will reach you in the same manner and condition as if we had handled your items personally.
Extra Charges to be Aware of
As with any relocation, there will be extra charges you need to consider. At Excalibur Los Angeles Movers, we do not believe in hiding any charges from you, to spring on you when you least suspect it, or need it.
But with long distance moves in particular, it is easy to incur extra costs along the way. These could include:
Packing Materials – A long distance move definitely calls for the appropriate packing materials. Many long distance movers will often use whatever packaging they can get their hands on, but as your items have a lot of travelling to do, it’s important to make sure they are packed up using nothing but professional moving materials. Visit our packaging supplies page to find a great selection of professional packing tools to get your items ready for your long distance relocation.
Packing Service – Long Distance moves usually require a lot more organisation than a long distance move logistically. With such a huge leap in front of you, you will probably be very busy already, making final arrangements and preparations, especially if your long distance move is related or tied to your employment. Many long distance movers require the assistance of a packing service to help them on their way.
Storage – We can provide you storage if you require it, however, this will also incur extra costs.
If you believe you will require any extras, or any kind of custom service whatsoever during your long distance relocation, then speak to a member Excalibur Van Lines, and we will gladly accommodate any and all of your needs and queries.